Thursday, March 1, 2012

Yosemite and Recent Trips

Addie and Rick or I, trekked on down south to Yosemite, a magical place. We planned on driving all the way to Laguna to see the Jill or my siss, but I just could not put addie through that sort of pain. So we split up the trip to Yosemite with a stop out of Ashland, Callahans Lodge. What a beauty, snow, all the things you would want in a lodge. We had a nice breakfast in the morning and scooted for Yosemite. I had made reservations that morning for Evergreen lodge and received a screaming deal for a one cabin. If you have never been I would suggest it. Great deals in the winter, a little high in the summer, but you beat the crowds. Addie loved this place the second we walked in. Granola on the coffee table and the scent of dinner all around,a s the lodge was close by and we were both famished. We sat near the fire place a absorbed the comforts of everything we needed at the time, no tv, no banter, just addie and me and the crackle of the fire. We both enjoyed our meal and, went back to the cabin and listened to some music. Addie picked a fever some where along the way and cut out early that night and I was able to read up on John Muir and his expeditions. Next morning I was able to lower addles temp and she begged me to take her into the Yosemite Valley, I gave in and we were off after a delicious meal. We drove straight to the waterfalls and enjoys the smells and sounds that come along with it. Addie wanted to sit next to all the energy, just as close as she achieve. I think that all this made her feel so much better. She was in a great mood consistantly throughout our little adventure. We had lunch and enjoyed the rest of the afternoon at the cabin. The next day we slept in and drove away for home around 10. Addie really wanted to hit up the Sacramento Zoo, I thought, ya know, what the heck. She pretty much fell involve with the place, although a little ghetto, it was clean and had all the fix ins to make for a nice experience. Monkeys galore, giraffes, lions, tiger, birds up the wazzoo. Stayed the night in Anderson, outside of, Redding, at this interesting place, then made it to home the next day on one piece, great time and addie will remember bits and pieces, but really I will remember every second to the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment